Copyright 2021 by Forsyth County, Georgia

Water & Sewer Department

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for water service?

To apply for water/sewer service, please go to our "Apply for Service" link and complete the form. You will need to attach a copy or photo of 1) your driver’s license and 2) a signed lease or purchase agreement to the form below. Please make sure these are available on the device you are using.Please do not submit application prior to two weeks before service start date. 

At least thirty (30) minutes after the form has been submitted, please contact our office at 770-781-2160 to speak with a customer service representative, schedule your connection date, and pay your deposit and any other fees with a Visa or MasterCard. 

Connections are made Monday through Friday only. 

How do I cancel my water services?

You Must Contact our Office to Cancel your Service 770-781-2160.

What documents are acceptable forms of identification to establish new service?

Driver's License, signed Rental/Lease Agreement, signed Purchase Agreement

What forms of payment do you accept?

In an ongoing effort to improve bill payment efficiency, the Forsyth County Water and Sewer Department offers multiple ways to pay your bill. 

  • You may deliver your payment in person to 110 E. Main Street, Suite 150, Cumming, GA. 
  • Mail in your payment to: PO Box 100003, Cumming, GA 30028 
  • Utilize the night drop box located between the Administration Building and the parking deck 
  • Sign up for Auto Pay or schedule a recurring payment 
  • Utilize our One-Time Pay option 

Who do I contact regarding questions about my bill?

Ronnie GrizzleAdministrative Supervisor - Customer Service(770) 781-2160(678) 455-8477 Direct Line 

(770) 781-3044 Fax 

Department Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday Customer Service

Contact: (770) 781-2160 

Forsyth County Customer Service division provides accurate water and sewer billing, meter services, and collections in a courteous, professional, and prompt manner. 

Do you offer a Senior Citizen Discount?

Senior Discount available to customers 62+ years old. Proof of date of birth required.

If I incur a leak, how do I apply for an adjustment?

The Forsyth County Water and Sewer Department understands that our customers may sometimes experience a high water / sewer bill due to a water leak on the customer side of the water meter. On May 15, 2014, the Board of Commissioners approved a resolution to 

govern the circumstances under which Water Leak Billing Adjustments may be provided. 

Please review the policy to determine if you qualify for a leak adjustment. Customers requesting a leak adjustment should complete the Leak Adjustment Request Form and fax, email, or mail the completed form to the below address. Please see our " Leak Adjustment Policy" link to see our Leak Adjustment Policy and Form. 

Leak AdjustmentForsyth County Commercial Services Department110 East Main Street, Suite 150Cumming, GA 30040Fax (770) 781-3044Email: 

Who should I contact for after hours/emergency contact?

To report a water-related emergency (such as low water pressure, a water outage, a broken water main, or sanitary sewer overflow) outside of business hours or on weekends/holidays, call (770) 781-2160. Operators from an after-hours answering service will take the information and dispatch it accordingly. 

What are the current outdoor water use restrictions?

Forsyth County is currently in a Non-Drought Response Level. This level allows all types of water use each day of the week, but landscape watering only before 10 AM or after 4 PM (to limit evaporation during the warmest part of the day). For additional information on outdoor water use during a Non-Drought Response Level, please click hereor on the Current Outdoor Water Use Restrictions tile above. 

How do I find out what is in my drinking water?

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires community water systems to deliver an annual Consumer Confidence Report (CCR), also known as a Water Quality Report, that provides citizens information about their local drinking water quality. The Forsyth County Water and Sewer Department is proud to supply clean, safe, and reliable drinking water for all of its customers. In 2020 (the year the 2021 Water Quality Report covers), the drinking water supplied to you met all EPA and state drinking water health standards. The Water Quality Report details where your water comes from, what it contains, and how it compares to standards set by the regulatory agencies. 

See our "Water Quality Reports" link to see current and prior year quality reports. 

About Water & Sewer

Our mission is to provide Forsyth County with the highest quality of water and sewer service through progressive leadership and environmental stewardship.


Barry Lucas

Phone: (770) 781-2160
Fax: (770) 781-2163


Forsyth County Water & Sewer Department

110 E. Main St.,
Suite 150
Cumming, GA 30040