Copyright 2024 by Forsyth County, Georgia

My Voter Information


My Voter Page (MVP) Login to check your

  • Voter registration status
  • Sample ballot for the upcoming election
  • Early/advance voting locations
  • Absentee vote by mail application and ballot status
  • Election Day precinct/poll location
  • Federal, state and local elected officials

Click here: Georgia Secretary of State MVP Lookup Application

Please allow 24 to 48 hours after the Elections Office processes new registrations or any changes to a voter’s registration information for it to be reflected on the Georgia Secretary of State MVP Lookup Application.

2023-2024 Forsyth County Elected Officials Contact Information

Register to Vote / Change My Information

Military and/or Overseas Voters


  • Are you military personnel stationed stateside?
  • Are you military personnel stationed overseas?
  • Are you a U. S. citizen living temporarily overseas (not just vacationing)?
  • Are you a U. S. citizen living permanently overseas?

If you answered 'Yes' to any of the above questions and your residential address for the purpose of voting is in Forsyth County, Georgia you may register to vote and apply for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you by this office. One properly submitted Federal Post Card Application serves as a voter registration application and a request for absentee ballots for all Federal office elections for the calendar year in which it was submitted. A separate Absentee Ballot Application shall be required for any special election or special primary. Military spouses and dependents can use the same processes outlined below to register to vote and apply for absentee ballots.

To determine your eligibility under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voter Act (UOCAVA) and/or to download a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) go to: GA Secretary of State's website or the Federal Voting Assistance Program's (FVAP) website.

You may also contact us directly at or call us at (770) 781-2118, ext. 9. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

How to Register to Vote and Apply for Absentee Ballots

An eligible citizen under the UOCAVA Act may complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). The FPCA registers an individual to vote and requests absentee ballots for all Federal elections held through the next regularly scheduled general election and any runoffs. A separate Absentee Ballot Application shall be required for any Special Election or Special Primary. To ensure that you receive absentee ballots for all elections in which you are eligible to vote, we recommend that you submit a new Federal Post Card Application in January of each year and whenever you have a new mailing address. Remember, in Georgia, in order to receive ballots for the Primary and possible Primary Runoff you must include your Political Party Preference; if you do not include your Political Party Preference on the application you will not receive a ballot for the Primary or possible Primary Runoff. 
NOTE: In Georgia, voters must be registered to vote 30 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election.

Methods of Receiving Your Blank Ballot

Georgia allows an eligible citizen under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) the choice of receiving their blank ballot by mail or email. You must indicate on your application the method by which you wish to have the blank ballot delivered to you. Provide your email address in the appropriate field of the application. If you do not make a selection, then your ballot will be mailed to you. 

NOTE:  The option of having a blank ballot available for the voter to access electronically is only available to those who qualify under the UOCAVA. Those UOCAVA voters who wish to access their ballot electronically will need to have access to the internet and to a printer.

Submitting the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA)

You may fill out a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) online at then print the completed form, sign, date and return by fax to (770) 886-2825 or by email to Please also mail the original to our office at: Forsyth County Voter Registrations & Elections, 1201 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, GA 30040.

How a Family Member Can Apply For You (Absentee Ballots ONLY)

Military personnel (and their spouses and/or dependents) and Overseas Voters: A member of your family (mother, father, spouse, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandchild, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law of the age of 18 or older) can complete and submit an Application for Official Absentee Ballot for you. 
NOTE: Family members cannot register a person to vote or make changes to another person's voter registration record. 

Voter Eligibility

To register to vote in Forsyth County you must:

  • Be a citizen of the United States
  • Be a legal resident of Forsyth County
  • Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
  • Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude*
  • Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge

* The Georgia Supreme Court has ruled that in Georgia all felonies are crimes involving moral turpitude. You are considered to have completed your felony sentence for the purpose of voter eligibility if you have completed any term of incarceration, probation, or parole and paid all fines, unless such fines are cancelled upon completion of your term of incarceration, probation, or parole (e.g., when the fines were imposed "as a condition of probation," they are automatically cancelled upon completion of probation). Your felony sentence is considered completed even if you have outstanding monetary obligations other than fines, such as unpaid restitution, fees, costs, or surcharges.

Georgia Voters Do NOT Register By Party

In Georgia, voters do not register to vote by party. On the day of a Primary, each voter chooses a Democratic, Republican or Nonpartisan/Special Election (if applicable) ballot. In the case of a runoff, those who chose a Democratic ballot in the Primary can only vote a Democratic ballot in the Primary Runoff. Those who chose a Republican ballot in the Primary can only vote Republican ballot in the Primary Runoff. Those registered voters who did not vote in the Primary or who voted a Nonpartisan/Special Election ballot can choose either a Democratic, Republican or Nonpartisan/Special Election (if applicable) ballot in the Primary Runoff.

Georgia ID Card for Voting Purposes

In Georgia, voters are required to present photo identification at their polling place prior to casting their ballot. Proper identification shall consist of any one of the following:

  • Georgia driver's license
  • Valid ID card by any state or U.S. with photo
  • Valid U.S. passport
  • Valid Government employee photo ID
  • Valid U.S. military ID card with photo
  • Valid tribal ID card with photo

If you do not have one of the above forms of photo identification, you are eligible to receive a free Georgia ID card for Voting Purposes ONLY. The free Georgia ID cards for Voting Purposes ONLY are issued in the Voter Registrations & Elections Office. Please call us at (770) 781-2118 for more information, or to schedule an appointment. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For information on other ID cards available in Georgia please visit the GA Department of Driver Services website at

Request to Remove Your Name From Forsyth County Voter Rolls

In order to request that your name be removed from the voter rolls in Forsyth County, please complete and sign the Voter Registration Removal by Request form.

Submit your completed and signed request to our office via any of the methods below:

  • Scan and email to:
  • Fax to: (770) 886-2825
  • Mail to: Forsyth County Voter Registrations & Elections, 1201 Sawnee Drive, Cumming, GA 30040

Upon processing of your signed request, the status of your voter registration record will be updated to cancelled. This means your name will be removed from the active voter rolls in Forsyth County, Georgia and that you will be ineligible to vote in any election until such time that you choose to register to vote by completing a new voter registration application. 

If you have moved from Forsyth County to another county in Georgia and you wish to remain a registered voter, please complete a new Voter Registration Application and submit to your new county of residence.

If you need to notify our office of a loved one's passing so that we may remove the voter's name from the voter rolls, please complete a Deceased Voter Registration Removal by Request form.

Order Voter Registration Lists and Files

Voter registration lists and files are available to the public. The files contain the following information: voter name, residence address, mailing address if different, race, gender, registration date and last voting date. Pricing is set by the Secretary of State. Such data may not be used by any person for commercial purposes. (O.C.G.A. 21-2-225c)

All such lists are ordered through the order form provided by the Secretary of State. For information on how to order voter registration lists and files, visit the Georgia Secretary of State's website. 
Click here to view the pricing sheet and order form.

The Georgia Secretary of State's website also provides links to the following information: