The Economic Development Division works across all county departments to encourage new business development, redevelopment and retention of existing businesses in an effort to improve the economic vitality of the unincorporated areas of Forsyth County.
The County is especially interested in attracting businesses in the following Target Industries, as identified in the Economic Development Strategic Planadopted by the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners:
- Data Services
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Technology and R&D
- Professional Services and Headquarters
As part of this effort, the County offers certain economic development incentives, including:
- Fee credits to be paid toward fees for plan reviews, development permits and inspections
- Fee credits to be paid toward application fees for land use approvals
- Total or partial waiver of impact fees
- Acceleration of the plan review process
- Acceleration of public hearing dates
- Construction of certain infrastructure
- Tax abatements
To see if your business is eligible for an incentive, please view the Schedule of Criteria.
Q: How do I use the Schedule of Criteria?
A: First, look for your business’ NAICS code in the left-hand column. Next, check to see if your potential project satisfies at least 2 of the 3 criteria in the green columns.
*All incentive offers are subject to approval by the Building and Economic Development Director or County Manager and all incentive agreements are subject to ratification by the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners.
The Forsyth County Department of Building and Economic Development works closely with the Development Authority of Forsyth County and the Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce.
For additional information, please view the Forsyth County Economic Development Ordinance.