Need a ride?
Forsyth County has partnered with Common Courtesy to provide a pilot ride sharing service for eligible* Forsyth County residents. Common Courtesy is a 501c3 qualified nonprofit that helps provide secure, cost-effective transportation for any person who cannot, or should not, operate a vehicle.
*Please visit the Policy tab on this page to learn more about ridership criteria.
The new Ride Share pilot program (fueled by Common Courtesy) will get eligible participants from point A to point B quickly and easily. The program will serve as a supplement to the Dial-A-Ride services. Rides are provided by a background check approved driver through Uber or Lyft.
How to sign up
To participate in the Ride Share program, you will need to sign up for an account with Common Courtesy. There are three ways:
1. Click here to fill out the online application.
2. Click here to download the application form and mail it in.
Haga clic aquí para descargar el formulario de aplicación y enviarlo por correo.
3. Visit one of the county's three Senior Services facilitiesto complete a form in person.
There is a one-time $15 registration fee. Participants will also need a credit card and a working cell phone in order to register.
Once registered, you will receive an email that will provide participants with more information, including a Ride Share ID and phone number to call.
To view an informational flyer on the Forsyth County Ride Share pilot program, please click here.
Schedule & Fees
Forsyth County Ride Share is a pilot program fueled by Common Courtesy. Common Courtesy is a 501c3 qualified nonprofit that helps provide secure, cost-effective transportation for any person who cannot, or should not, operate a vehicle.
Ride Share operates Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Rides must be scheduled so that the passenger arrives at their final destination by 5 p.m.
Once registered, eligible participants will receive a phone number to call to schedule rides. Follow the prompts to leave a message detailing your ride request.
- Riders will receive a confirmation call from a Travel Logistics Coordinator who will provide a ride confirmation code, the driver's name and the last three digits of the vehicle's license plate number.
- A background check approved Ride Share driver, through Uber or Lyft will arrive within 10 minutes of your scheduled pick-up time.
- For a return trip, a Travel Logistics Coordinator will call/text the rider's cell phone 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time to confirm the pick-up time and location.
Per trip fare is $2.00 per person* This will be charged to the passenger's credit card.
Passengers can utilize Ride Share for up to 24 one-way trips per month. A round trip would count as two one-way trips.
*Depending on the rider's condition, an attendant/companion (who must be at least 18 years of age) may be required, and such attendant/companion may also ride at no additional charge.
The criteria for ridership includes, but is not limited to:
A. Must be a resident (18 years of age or older) of Forsyth County, Georgia and:
- Is an individual with special needs;
- Is an individual with physical disabiilties;
- Is blind/visually impaired;
- Is hearing impaired;
- Is an older adult; or
- Suffers from memory loss
B. Is able to utilize transportation services without any special accommodation.
C. Depending on the rider's condition, an attendant/companion (who must be at least 18 year of age) may be required and such attendant/companion may also ride at no additional charge.
Riders must sign up for an account through Common Courtesy, Forsyth County's partner for this pilot ride sharing service. Riders must have a credit card and working cell phone in order to register.