The Procurement Department has been established to administer the procurement process on behalf of the County. Its responsibilities include:
- Obtain in a cost effective and responsive manner the materials, equipment, services, and construction required for County Departments in order for those Departments to better serve Forsyth County’s residents and businesses.
- Provide increased economy in procurement activities, maximize to the fullest extent possible the purchasing value of public funds.
- Foster effective broad-based competition.
- Provide safeguards to the maintenance of a procurement system of quality and integrity.
- Make every effort to enhance the County’s reputation of progressive and business integrity and fairness and equity to all vendors.
Please note: For Firms that choose Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) as their preferred payment method, the County will only make payments via EFT for up to $150,000.00, any payments over $150,000 will be issued as a check.
Forsyth County Procurement works to maximize the purchasing value of public funds, to provide safeguards for maintaining a procurement system of quality and integrity, to provide for fair and equitable treatment of all persons involved in public purchasing, and to provide the highest level of customer service for county departments.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Forsyth County, Georgia hereby gives public notice that it is the policy of Forsyth County to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. It is our policy that no person in the United States of America shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any of our programs or activities.
Any person who believes he/she has been subjected to unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI has a right to file a formal complaint. The formal complaint must be filed in writing or in person with the Forsyth County Title VI Coordinator within one hundred eighty (180) days from the date of the alleged discriminatory act or upon notice of the discriminatory act. Title VI Discrimination Complaint Forms may be obtained by going to the County’s website or by calling the County Title VI Coordinator at (770) 205-4550 ext 2751.