Passport Appointments


Notice:  All passport application forms and information on passport processing times from the US State Department may be found here.  We are currently processing passports by appointment only.


Appointments will be scheduled on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. 

Note: Appointments are scheduled in advance by calling (770) 781-2140.  

School Holidays and School Breaks:  Please make appointments for these days well in advance because it is quite likely that capacity will be reached and no appointments will be available. 

You can schedule an appointment to apply in person if at least one of the following conditions applies to you:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport

  • You are under age 16

  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16

  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged

  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago

If you do not meet any of the above conditions, then you are classified as a renewal passport application.  You will need to complete form DS-82 available at  Renewals of existing adult passports are handled directly with the US State Department. 


Please read carefully

1. Complete application form DS-11 in black ink (DO NOT SIGN-DO NOT COMPLETE SECTION BELOW THE WORD “STOP”). Application must be 2 pages (cannot be front & back).

2. Please bring the following items with the completed application:

a. One (1) recent passport photo.

b. Certified Birth Certificate with raised vital records seal. (These certificates cannot be hospital issued and must include parental information-birth certificate cards are not acceptable). 

c. If a passport was previously issued as an adult, you may submit that passport in lieu of a birth certificate. All minors (under 18)-must submit a birth certificate along with the previously issued passport. 

d. Applicants under 16 years old must have both parents present.

e. Applicants who are 16-17 years old must have 1 parent present.

f. If a naturalized citizen, submit original certificate.

g. If your name on the application differs from your birth certificate/naturalization papers, provide supporting certified documentation.

h. Driver’s License (if licensed). If “LIMITED TERM” driver’s license, you MUST submit a second form of identification (permanent resident card or passport).


16 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER-     $110.00 (Passport Book) 

                           $30.00 (Passport Card)

15 YEARS OF AGE AND UNDER-      $80.00 (Passport Book)

                                                              $15.00 (Passport Card)

TO EXPEDITE A PASSPORT add $60.00 (expedite fee) plus $17.56 (overnight return delivery) for each application (overnight return for passport book only).

j. CASH, CHECK, OR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT in the amount of $35.00 for each application, payable to PROBATE COURT.  (If using a credit card, there is a 4.5% convenience fee charged by the credit card processing company and added to the total amount.)

3.   All applicants must appear in person regardless of age.

NOTERenewals of existing adult passports are handled directly with the US State Department.  Click here for the Home Page of the Travel Division.  Passports for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years and must be applied for in person with two parents or guardians present.  You cannot renew a child's passport.

"TURN AROUND TIME" at the Secretary of State's Office is currently estimated at 16-18 weeks for routine service and 10-12 weeks for expedited service.  Please check the US State Department website for the latest estimated processing times.  


Contact Us

 Address: 100 West Courthouse Square, Suite 008 Cumming, GA 30040
 Phone: 770-781-2140
 Fax: 770-886-2839
 Email: Contact Us

Our Mission

Probate Court has exclusive, original jurisdiction in the probate of wills, administration of estates, appointment of guardians for minors and incapacitated adults, and appointment of conservators for minors and incapacitated adults. Issues marriage licenses, firearms applications, birth and death certificates and processes passport applications. The Probate Court of Forsyth County is now an "Article 6" or "expanded jurisdiction" Probate Court. Appeals from The Probate Court of Forsyth County are no longer to Superior Court. All appeals are directly to the Georgia Supreme Court or to the Georgia Court of Appeals.