Social Media Policy
The purpose of Forsyth County’s social media, online presence is to present matters of public interest concerning Forsyth County’s programs, activities, news and photos and to otherwise augment and enhance county transparency and access. We welcome your comments, however, please note that the county’s social media sites are a moderated online discussion site and not intended as a traditional public or limited-purpose public forum.
Please do not report emergencies or ask for assistance on this site. For emergency situations, dial 911. For non-emergency information, Forsyth County can be reached during business hours at 770-781-2101 and at www.forsythco.com.
While the public’s submissions will not be edited by county personnel, the county reserves the right to remove those that include the following:
- Comments unrelated to the purpose and topical scope of the page. The page is not intended for comments that do not relate to the purpose or topical scope of the page;
- Incitement to imminent lawless action;
- Comments disclosing identifiable medical information;
- Speech presenting a grave and imminent threat to public safety or property or that may imperil an ongoing criminal investigation or prosecution;
- Fighting words;
- Threats against other persons;
- Comments encouraging or promoting fraudulent activity;
- Defamation (libel/slander);
- Solicitations to commit, or speech integral to, criminal conduct;
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction;
- Promotion in favor of, or in opposition to, a candidate campaigning for election to a political office;
- Copyrighted material (if posted without the copyright holder’s consent); or
- Spam or links to other sites
The county may remove a submission if, in the reasonable discretion of the county official monitoring the site, it falls within one of the foregoing categories. The county also reserves the right to ban or revoke posting privileges of commenters/posters who repeatedly post comments that violate this policy. Monitoring of the site will generally occur during normal county business hours.