The Forsyth County Animal Shelter is open for adoption Tuesday through Saturday from 10:30AM -5:00PM. We strive to help you choose the pet that’s right for you and your family. We consider ourselves “match-makers”, helping you find the perfect pet match. Our staff works diligently to learn as much as we can about our adoption animals likes, dislikes, quirks, and all-around personalities.
To fill out an adoption profile form:
Once the form is filled out in its entirety, please email your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and an adoption counselor will contact you to discuss the next steps in the adoption process and discuss any of the pets you may be interested in. You may also bring the form with you when you visit the shelter.
All animals at the Forsyth County Animal Shelter are medically evaluated prior to being placed for adoption where they receive the following:
- Medical exam
- Age appropriate vaccinations (12 weeks and older will receive a Rabies Vaccination)
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Flea/Tick Prevention
- Heartworm test and prevention (dogs)
- *We currently do not combo test our felines for feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and feline leukemia virus (FeLV). We do offer combo testing for our adoptable felines for a non-refundable fee of $35.00 at the expense of the adopter. Feline's have to be 3 months of age or older for a combo test to be completed at our facility.
- The adoption fee is $85.00
- All cats/kittens are (2) for $85.00