Kelly Turner, Chair
Melissa Banker, Co-Chair
John Cleveland Hill, Secretary
The Tripartite Committee is composed of the following members:
(a) The President of the Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar, or appointee;
(b) The President-Elect of the Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar, or appointee; and
(c) An attorney from the County Attorney’s office or appointee.
*All members of the Committee must be members in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia.
The Committee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) Meet in formal session not less than once a month;
(2) Promulgate policies, standards, and procedures to govern the program;
(3) Oversee operation of the program and ensure that the program complies with the policies, standards, and procedures of the Committee, the requirements of the Georgia Indigent Defense Act of 2003, the standards for indigent defense promulgated by the Georgia Public Defender Standards Council, and other requirements of State and Federal law;
(4) Establish hourly rates for appointed attorneys and investigators;
(5) Admit attorneys to, and remove attorneys from, the Attorney Panels;
(6) Admit investigators to, and remove investigators from, the Investigators Panel;
(7) Establish guidelines for the employment of experts;
(8) Review all complaints filed by clients against appointed attorneys, and conduct appropriate investigations;
(9) Monitor attorney compliance with policies, standards, and procedures;
(10) Conduct disciplinary proceedings, and take disciplinary actions against attorneys and employees of the Office if warranted;
(11) Represent the Forsyth County indigent defense program before the GPDSC and other State governing authorities.