FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, JUNE 2, 2005 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Jack Conway, Chairman; Brian Tam, Vice Chairman; Linda Ledbetter, Secretary; Charles Laughinghouse, Member; David Richard, Member.
Call Meeting to Order
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Agenda Adopted with changes.
Announcements and Reports:
(1) Commissioner Ledbetter announced that the Sheriffs Office and the Forsyth County School System will be holding three town hall meetings next week to address the issue of wrecks involving teen drivers. Both parents and teenagers are invited. The meetings will be held Monday, June 6 at South Forsyth High School, Tuesday, June 7 at Forsyth Central High School and Wednesday, June 8 at North Forsyth High School. Each meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m.
(2) Commissioner Laughinghouse announced that at the ribbon cutting today for the grand opening of the Office Depot in Lakeland Plaza, that Office Depot made a donation of $500 in a gift card to the Forsyth County Library through the North Georgia Community Foundation and that gift card is to be used for supporting childrens services. Congratulations to the Library System and also our thanks to Office Depot for the contribution.
(3) Commissioner Laughinghouse announced that tomorrow, June 3rd, at 10:30 a.m. there will be the ribbon cutting for the Sawnee Mountain Preserve and it will be at the Tribble Gap Road entrance. Also, on Saturday, June 4th, beginning at Noon, will be the grand opening of the Sawnee Mountain Preserve and there will be no parking at the park. Parking will be at Forsyth Cental High School where shuttle buses will be running every 10 or 15 minutes to the park. Schedule will be: 12-12:30 Welcome & Recognitions; 1-1:30 bluegrass music; and other activities will continue through the afternoon with a nature walk, history walk and more bluegrass music and some time on your own.
Public Comments None.
Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Called Meeting/Work Session and Executive Session of May 16, 2005. Adopted.
(2) Called Meeting of May 17, 2005. Adopted.
(3) Regular Meeting and Executive Session of May 23, 2005. Adopted.
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of May 16, 2005 and May 23, 2005. Adopted.
(2) Ratification of Agreement to provide Inmate Commissary Service for the Sheriffs Office County Attorney. Adopted.
(3) Approval of new position of Assistant Chief Deputy Tax Commissioner to the 2005 budget for the Office of Tax Commissioner (Cost Center 1560) with additional funds in the amount of $52,650 to be transferred to Cost Center 1560 Director of Human Resources. Approved.
(4) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Blackstock Drive, Terry Court and Lansing Lane in Blackstock Mill, Phase 1A with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #5) Director of Engineering. Approved.
(5) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Fedorite Walk in Fieldstone Glen, Pod A, Phase 2, with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #3) Director of Engineering. Approved.
(6) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Seven Oaks Drive and Sydenham Court in Windermere, Pod S2-A with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #2) Director of Engineering. Approved.
(7) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Shiloh Crossing with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #2) Director of Engineering. Approved.
(8) Acceptance of RFP #05-22-3330 for Fire Hydrant Inspection Procurement Director. Approved.
(9) Rejection of Bid #IFB 05-32-1550 for Fire Fighter Physicals Procurement Director. Approved.
(10) Annual renewal of the Governors Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) Highway Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic (HEAT) Grant for a total amount of $37,100 (23%) Local Match Funds and $124,000 (77%) Federal Funds Sheriff Paxton. Approved.
(11) Approval of Bid #05-27-3150 for the construction of raised crosswalks on Westminster Lane Procurement Director. MOVED TO NEW BUSINESS #3.
(1) Possible settlement of a zoning lawsuit, Pillar Development, Inc. v. Forsyth County, et.al., Forsyth County Superior Court No. 04-CV-2314, arising out of zoning action numbers 2946 and 2947, involving 18.623 and 21 acres, respectively County Attorney.
(Postponed from April 18, 2005 and May 09, 2005 Agendas). Postponed to 08/04/05.
(2) Request by Eric Liu to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 1602 District #2 Director of Planning & Development
(Postponed from May 9,2005 Agenda).
APPLICANT HAS REQUESTED POSTPONEMENT TO 07/07/05.
Postponed to 07/07/05.
(3) Request by Bowen Family Homes to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 2866 (Regent Land Holdings, LLC) District #3 Director of Planning & Development. - Approved.
(4) Request by Perre Edwards and John Bass regarding the denial of a variance on AB# 05-174, denied by the Appeals Board on April 5, 2005 District #5 Director of Planning & Development. Approved.
(1) Rezoning request: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) Ben Bowen & Company, Inc., n/k/a Beazer Homes, Inc., ZA# 3043, A1 to RES-3 with a variance to density requirement District #2.
(Postponed from May 23, 2005 Agenda).
Approved with conditions.
(2) Consideration and adoption of proposed amendment to Ordinance #79 (Fire Prevention Ordinance) County Attorney.
(Public Hearings held February 17, 2005; March 21, 2005; and May 09, 2005).
Postponed to June 16, 2005 Work Session.
(1) Authorization to move forward with construction documents for the Daves Creek Park Procurement Director. Approved.
(2) Request for authorization for Chairman to execute modifications to certain water and sewer operations contracts as recommended by Bond Counsel County Attorney. Approved.
(3) MOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA #11:
Approval of Bid #05-27-3150 for construction of raised crosswalks on Westminster Lane Procurement Director. Approved.
(4) Approval of terms of the Parity Bond Resolution adopted earlier today by the Water and Sewerage Authority Chairman Conway. Approved.
Public Comments None.
Recess Regular Meeting
Executive Session if Needed