FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, JUNE 2, 2005 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Call Meeting to Order
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Agenda
Announcements and Reports
Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Called Meeting/Work Session and Executive Session of May 16, 2005.
(2) Called Meeting of May 17, 2005.
(3) Regular Meeting and Executive Session of May 23, 2005.
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of May 16, 2005 and May 23, 2005.
(2) Ratification of Agreement to provide Inmate Commissary Service for the Sheriffs Office County Attorney.
(3) Approval of new position of Assistant Chief Deputy Tax Commissioner to the 2005 budget for the Office of Tax Commissioner (Cost Center 1560) with additional funds in the amount of $52,650 to be transferred to Cost Center 1560 Director of Human Resources.
(4) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Blackstock Drive, Terry Court and Lansing Lane in Blackstock Mill, Phase 1A with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #5) Director of Engineering.
(5) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Fedorite Walk in Fieldstone Glen, Pod A, Phase 2, with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #3) Director of Engineering.
(6) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Seven Oaks Drive and Sydenham Court in Windermere, Pod S2-A with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #2) Director of Engineering.
(7) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Shiloh Crossing with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. (District #2) Director of Engineering.
(8) Acceptance of RFP #05-22-3330 for Fire Hydrant Inspection Procurement Director.
(9) Rejection of Bid #IFB 05-32-1550 for Fire Fighter Physicals Procurement Director.
(10) Annual renewal of the Governors Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) Highway Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic (HEAT) Grant for a total amount of $37,100 (23%) Local Match Funds and $124,000 (77%) Federal Funds Sheriff Paxton.
(11) Approval of Bid #05-27-3150 for the construction of raised crosswalks on Westminster Lane Procurement Director.
(1) Possible settlement of a zoning lawsuit, Pillar Development, Inc. v. Forsyth County, et.al., Forsyth County Superior Court No. 04-CV-2314, arising out of zoning action numbers 2946 and 2947, involving 18.623 and 21 acres, respectively County Attorney.
(Postponed from April 18, 2005 and May 09, 2005 Agendas).
(2) Request by Eric Liu to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 1602 District #2 Director of Planning & Development
(Postponed from May 9,2005 Agenda).
APPLICANT HAS REQUESTED POSTPONEMENT TO 07/07/05.
(3) Request by Bowen Family Homes to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 2866 (Regent Land Holdings, LLC) District #3 Director of Planning & Development.
(4) Request by Perre Edwards and John Bass regarding the denial of a variance on AB# 05-174, denied by the Appeals Board on April 5, 2005 District #5 Director of Planning & Development.
(1) Rezoning request: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) Ben Bowen & Company, Inc., n/k/a Beazer Homes, Inc., ZA# 3043, A1 to RES-3 with a variance to density requirement District #2.
(Postponed from May 23, 2005 Agenda).
(2) Consideration and adoption of proposed amendment to Ordinance #79 (Fire Prevention Ordinance) County Attorney.
(Public Hearings held February 17, 2005; March 21, 2005; and May 09, 2005).
(1) Authorization to move forward with construction documents for the Daves Creek Park Procurement Director.
(2) Request for authorization for Chairman to execute modifications to certain water and sewer operations contracts as recommended by Bond Counsel County Attorney.
Recess Regular Meeting
Executive Session if Needed