8/7/2012 - Board of Commissioners Called/Work Session
FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2012 @ 2:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 210
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
III. Adoption of Agenda
IV. Items for consideration and discussion:
(1) Review of request by the Grand Cascades Community Association for the county to sponsor a 319(h) grant for storm water facility remediation Commissioners Boff/Levent.
(Previously discussed @ 03/06/12, 04/24/12 and 07/24/12 Work Sessions).
(2) Presentation by American Water Company Commissioners Boff/Levent.
(3) Proposal by the Forsyth County Civil Service Board to change policies regarding selection of alternate member of the Board County Attorney/Civil Service Board Clerk.
(4) Acceptance of Bids as follows: (Procurement Director)
(A) Bid 12-58-3150 for the reclamation of Gilbert Road
(B) Bid 12-46-3404 for qualified vendors to accept recycled goods from Forsyth County Convenience Centers
(C) Bid 12-51-2410 for the construction of Fire Station #3
(5) Approval of an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between Forsyth County and Cobb County for a merger of the 800 Digital Radio Systems Director of Information Systems & Technology Department.
(6) Request review and approval of changes to the classification of Director of Senior Services (0417) primary change is moving the position from civil service to an at will position appointed by the County Manager Director of Personnel Services.
(7) Request approval, with authorization for the County Manager to sign an agreement with Northwestern Benefits to provide the electronic enrollment SmartBen system as part of the Wellness Plan previously approved at the July 24, 2012 Work Session - Director of Personnel Services.
Work Session Agenda
August 2, 2012
(8) Approval of Limited Right of Access Agreement between The Dunn Family Partnership, LLLP and Forsyth County Deputy County Manager.
(9) Ad Valorem Tax Exemption on Inventory and Related Referendum (Re: HB48) Commissioners Bell/Boff.
(Postponed from 05/08/12; 05/22/12; 06/12/12 and 07/10/12 Work Session Agendas).
(10) Consideration and possible approval of Settlement Agreement between Forsyth County and Bank of America County Attorney.
(Postponed from 07/24/12 Work Session Agenda).
(11) Old Atlanta Recreation Center Intergovernmental License Agreement County Attorney.
(12) Proposed Intergovernmental Agreement between the City and County for acquisition of Real Estate County Attorney.
(13) Consideration of Sewer Reservation Agreement between The Ryland Group, Inc. and Forsyth County for the purchase of 63 sewer taps for property on Daves Creek Drive Commissioners Amos/Boff.
V. Recess Work Session
VI. Executive Session if Needed