FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2004 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Jack Conway, Chairman; Marcie Kreager, Vice Chairman; Charles Laughinghouse, Secretary; Eddie Taylor, Member.
David (AJ) Pritchett, Member.
Call Meeting to Order
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Agenda Adopted with changes.
Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Regular Meeting and Executive Session of March 8, 2004. Adopted.
(1) Adoption of Resolution authorizing Affidavit concerning Executive Session of March 8, 2004. Adopted.
(2) Approval of two (2) three-way stops in the Grand Cascades Subdivision for Grand Avenue at Watermill Way and Settles Road at Riverhaven Drive District #2 Director of Engineering. Approved.
(3) Adoption of Proclamation proclaiming the month of April 2004 as Forsyth County Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month Chairman Conway. Adopted.
(4) Approval of Lemans Trail Settlement Agreement County Attorney. Approved.
(5) Approval of Settlement Agreement on Dicks Creek Interceptor litigation County Attorney. Approved.
(1) Rezoning requests: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) PC Homes, ZA# 2821, A1 to RES-2 as Conservation District #1. Approved with conditions.
(B) Slate Pro, LLC, ZA# 2830, A1 to RES-3 with a variance with an access easement District #1. Postponed to 4/12/04.
(2) Fox Creek Properties, ZA# 2591, A1 to CR1 District #4 (Removed from Table 3/8/04) Commissioner Kreager. Postponed to 4/19/04 (Public Hearing).
(3) Acceptance/rejection of RFP #03-62-1630 for a Sign Plaza Program (Removed from Table 3/8/04) Procurement Director. Postponed to 5/3/04.
(1) Adoption of Resolution regarding Indigent Defense Act County Attorney. Adopted.
(2) Rezoning requests: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) Joe Barrow, HOP# 03-024, issuance of a Home Occupation Permit for the purpose of a woodworking business on property currently zoned R2R District #3. Denied.
(B) McCar Development Corporation, ZA# 2827, A1 to RES-4 District #2. Postponed to 4/19/04 (Public Hearings).
(C) McCar Development Corporation, ZA# 2828, A1 to RES-6 District #2. Postponed to 4/19/04 (Public Hearings).
(D) Christopher E. Comer, ZA# 2831, A1 to RES-2 District #4. Approved with conditions.
(E) Claude Sims, ZA# 2832, A1 to RES-2 District #4. Postponed to 5/03/04.
(F) Marie Hyde, ZA# 2833, R2R to RES-3 District #3. Postponed to 5/03/04.
(G) Candy Hammond, ZA# 2836, A1 to CBD with a variance to open space requirements District #4. Approved with conditions.
(H) Kevin Yarbrough Homes, Inc., ZA# 2841, A1 to RES-2 District #4. Approved with conditions.
(I) Hendon/Atlantic Rim Johns Creek, LLC, ZA# 2842, CBD to HB with a Conditional Use Permit to allow the proposed use/development of retail with pet boarding facility District #2. Approved with conditions.
(J) Mike Katshor, ZA# 2848, LR to HB District #4. Approved with conditions.
(K) Robert L. Milford, ZA# 2849, A1 to NS District #4. Approved with conditions.
(L) Barbara & Sam Palaio, ZA# 2850, NS to M1 District #1. Approved with conditions.
(M) FTS Properties, Inc., ZA# 2851, A2 to RES-6 District #5. Approved with conditions.
(3) Approval of award of lease for new Internet Service Provider Procurement Director. Approved.
(4) Request from Parks & Recreation Board to accelerate funding for pavilion at Coal Mountain Park County Administrator. Approved.
(5) Approval of line size upgrade with the Board of Education Director of Water & Sewer. Approved.
(6) Discussion on sewer capacity requirements Director of Water & Sewer. Postponed to 5/03/04.
(7) Approval of tap fee surcharge along the Bagley Creek sewer line extension Director of Water & Sewer. Approved.
(8) Review and approval of cost estimate and County contribution agreement with MaCauley Development Director of Water & Sewer. Approved.
(9) Review and approval of a Sewer Line Cost Share Agreement with Ashton Atlanta Residential, LLC Director of Water & Sewer. Postponed to 4/12/04.
(10) Acceptance of Sewer Master Plan Amendment to include the Etowah Basin Director of Water & Sewer. Adopted.
(11) Consideration to remove Creech Enterprises, Inc., ZA# 2229 from the Table (Tabled October 26, 1998) Chairman Conway. Removed from Table and will be placed on 4/19/04 Public Hearings Agenda.
Announcements and Reports:
(1) Recognition of Pulte Homes, Carson Developments, Inc. and Capital Design for their contributions to the Parks & Recreation Department Commissioner Taylor.
(2) The second annual Taylor Land Benefit Softball Tournament will be held April 23rd, 24th & 25th. For further information contact Scott Wilson @ (770) 781-3078 Commissioner Taylor.
Recess Regular Meeting
Executive Session if Needed