FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2004 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Jack Conway, Chairman; Marcie Kreager, Vice Chairman; Charles Laughinghouse, Secretary; David (AJ) Pritchett, Member; Eddie Taylor, Member.
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
III. Adoption of Agenda Adopted with changes.
IV. Public Hearings:
(1) Request approval of Alcohol Licenses as follows: (County Administrator)
(A) Sterling United, Inc. dba Super Food & Gas, Named Licensee is Syed Shafiuddin, application to sell Malt Beverages (Beer) & Wine by the Package - District #1. Approved.
(B) Superior Group, Inc. dba Citgo Food Mart, Named Licensee is Steve Hossein Rajabi, application to sell Malt Beverages (Beer) & Wine by the Package District #2. Approved.
(C) LPM Group, LLC dba Locos Deli & Pub, Named Licensee is Gary Bowman, application to sell Distilled Spirits, Malt Beverages (Beer) & Wine for Consumption on the Premises District #2. Approved.
(D) Clipper Petroleum, Inc. dba Circle M Food Shop #38, Named Licensee is Charles S. Hall, application to sell Malt Beverages (Beer) & Wine by the Package District #4. Approved.
(2) Request by Elliott Smith on behalf of The Teaford Company, Inc., regarding the denial of a variance on AB# 03-049 Denied by the Appeals Board on November 5, 2003 (District #1) Director of Planning & Development. Postponed Public Hearing to 4/19/04.
(3) Request by Steven Hornyak on behalf of Riverside Builders to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 2725 (Summit Services, LLC) District #2 Director of Planning & Development. Approved.
(4) Second reading of proposed Firearm Discharge Ordinance - First Public Hearing held on 2/16/04 County Attorney. Ordinance was dismissed with no further consideration.
(5) Second reading of proposed amendment to the Fire Prevention Ordinance (Ordinance #79) First Public Hearing held on 2/16/04 County Attorney. Adopted.
(6) Second reading of proposed amendments to the Sign Ordinance (Ordinance #74) First Public Hearing held on 2/16/04 County Attorney. Adopted with 2 amendments.
(7) Proposed revisions to the Tree Ordinance (Ordinance #81) Public Hearings were held 12/15/03 and 01/26/04 Director of Planning & Development. MOVED TO #2 ON THE AGENDA - Adopted with 2 amendments.
(8) Proposed update of the Comprehensive Plan Public Hearing was held 01/26/04 Director of Planning & Development. Directed Planning & Development staff to present overlay maps for anticipated growth and planned infrastructure at the next Public Hearing on April 19, 2004.
(9) Consideration of possible license suspension or revocation for Mudcats Bar & Grill due to numerous violations of the Alcohol Ordinance County Administrator. Approved settlement agreement.