FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2012 @ 3:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Jim Boff, Chairman; Patrick B. Bell, Vice Chairman; Todd Levent, Secretary; Ralph J. Amos, Member; Brian R. Tam, Member.
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Recess Regular Meeting
III. Executive Session if Needed (3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
IV. Reconvene Regular Meeting at 5:00 p.m.
Reconvened @ 5:01 p.m.
V. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
VI. Adoption of Agenda
Adopted as amended.
VII. Announcements and Reports:
(1) Presentation of plaque to Linda Whittle – Chairman Boff
VIII. Public Comments
IX. Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Regular Meeting/Public Hearings and Executive Session of January 5, 2012
(2) Work Session and Executive Session of January 10, 2012
X. Consent Agenda:
The Consent Agenda was unanimously approved.
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of January 5, 2012 and January 10, 2012.
(2) Ratification of the following items that were discussed and unanimously approved at a Work Session held on January 10, 2012:
(A) Board approval to schedule a Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 @ 7:00 p.m. for the purpose of discussing impervious surface limitations related to protecting water supply watersheds – County Manager.
(B) Board approval to appoint Charity Clark as Clerk to the Civil Service Board for calendar year 2012 – Director of Personnel Services.
(C) Board approval to appoint Dana Miles as Hearing Officer and General Counsel for the Civil Service Board for calendar year 2012 – Charity Clark, Clerk to the Civil Service Board.
(D) Board approval to accept Bid 11-121-2210 to purchase 16 police package vehicles for the Sheriff’s Office – Procurement Director.
(E) Board approval to accept RFP 11-107-2400 for Pre-Event Debris Removal and Disposal Services – Procurement Director.
(F) Board approval to accept RFQ 11-113-3150 for pre-qualification of contractors for as needed roadway repairs – Procurement Director.
(G) Board approval to purchase a new Midland SA Shoulder Widener for the Roads & Bridges Department – Procurement Director.
(H) Board approval to accept language as presented (striking “in residential zoning districts”) and to advertise for Public Hearings for changes to the UDC regarding timber harvesting - Director of Planning & Community Development.
(I) Board approval of the following Committee Appointments for 2012: (County Manager)
i. Transportation Todd Levent
ii. Water & Sewer Brian Tam
iii. Facilities Pete Amos
iv. Public Safety Todd Levent
v. Technology Todd Levent
vi. Planning & Zoning Pete Amos
vii. Parks & Recreation Brian Tam
viii. Chestatee-Chattahoochee Danny Bennett
Resource Conservation & Brenda Johnson
ix. Georgia Mountains Chairman
x. Health Board Pete Amos
xi. North Georgia Emergency Danny Bowman
Medical Services Richard Hamilton
xii. Finance Brian Tam
xiii. Intergovernmental Pete Amos
Relations Brian Tam
xiv. D.A.T.E. Fund Jim Boff
(Drug Alcohol Training Education)
xv. Legislative Affairs Brian Tam
xvi. Social Services Patrick Bell
XI. Public Hearing:
(1) Second reading of proposed modifications to the Forsyth County Alcohol Ordinance (Ordinance #68) specifically to modify the criteria for issuance of an employee alcohol sales permit with respect to automatic disqualifying events and employee alcohol sales permit application requirements – County Attorney.
(First Public Hearing was held 01/05/12)
Second Public Hearing was held – Unanimously approved.
XII. Old Business:
XIII. New Business:
(1) L.O.S.T. (Local Option Sales Tax) – County Attorney.
No action taken
(2) Service Delivery Strategy negotiations – County Attorney.
No action taken
(3) City/County water contracts – County Attorney.
No action taken
The following item was added to the agenda as “time sensitive”:
(4) Proposed amendment to Lease Agreement between the Georgia State Patrol and Forsyth County – County Attorney.
XIV. Recess Regular Meeting
XV. Executive Session if Needed
XVI. Adjournment -
Adjourned @ 5:51 p.m.