8/9/2011 - Board of Commissioners Called/Work Session
FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2011 @ 2:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
III. Adoption of Agenda
IV. Items for consideration and discussion:
(1) Proposed Alcohol Ordinance amendment regarding underage sale suspension – County Attorney.
(Note: The amendment to the main motion tied at the 07/26/11 Work Session Meeting and therefore, per rule, the amendment and main motion remain pending and are postponed to the August 9, 2011 Work Session where the tie can be broken).
(2) The use of Growlers for alcohol distribution – County Attorney.
(Postponed from 07/26/11 Work Session Agenda)
(3) Request by Advanced Disposal for Horizontal Expansion – County Attorney.
(Previously discussed at 07/26/11 Work Session).
(4) Authorization to advertise for a Public Hearing for a County Initiated Expedited Rezoning to rezone from RES3 to A1 for David Sexton – District 4 – Director of Planning & Community Development.
(5) Authorization to declare list of retired electronic office equipment as surplus and approval for proper disposal to be handled by Atlanta Recycling Solutions - Director of Fleet Maintenance.
(6) Authorization for DUI Court to accept the FY2012 Judicial Council of Georgia’s Standing Committee on Drug Courts Grant Agreement in the amount of $17,787 – Grants Manager.
(7) Authorization for Drug Court to accept the FY2012 Judicial Council of Georgia’s Standing Committee on Drug Courts Grant Agreement in the amount of $38,992 – Grants Manager.
Work Session Agenda
August 9, 2011
(8) Approval of Fire Service’s Grant Agreement with Walmart for the 2011 Community Grant Program – Grants Manager.
(9) Approval of the 2011 Georgia Emergency Management Agency’s Performance Partnership Agreement and appointment of the Grants Manager as the Program Designee with authorization for the Chairman to execute any related award agreement documents – Grants Manager.
(10) Approval of the Forsyth County Arts Alliance Grant Agreement for the 2011 Arts Alliance Grant and appointment of the Grants Manager as the Program Designee with authorization for the Chairman to execute any related grant documents – Grants Manager.
(11) Approval to go out for Bid for park improvements/construction on the following properties: McClure, Harrison, Echols and Old Atlanta Park – Director of Parks & Recreation.
(12) Request authorization for an archeological study on the Eagles Beak Property – Director of Parks & Recreation.
(13) Acceptance of Bid 11-57-3150 for the construction of a culvert on Watson Road – District #1 - Procurement Director.
(14) Acceptance of Bid 11-27-1620 for HVAC replacement at Fire Station 14 – Procurement Director.
(15) Acceptance of pricing from Pierce/Ten-8 for two (2) fire apparatus – Procurement Director.
(16) Approval to begin engineering design for the Shakerag collection system – Director of Water & Sewer.
(17) Approval of Five-Year Capital Improvement Program – Director of Water & Sewer.
(18) Discussion regarding topping of Berringer Point subdivision roads – County Attorney/Director of Engineering.
(19) Discussion and review of 2012 employee benefits – Director of Personnel Services.
Work Session Agenda
August 9, 2011
(20) Discussion regarding Sweeney Ethics Complaint – Commissioners Bell/Amos.
(21) Second Amendment to Agreement for Sale of Realty between Forsyth County and Verse Noia Farm, L. P. – County Attorney.
(Previously discussed at the 07/26/11 Work Session).
(22) Discussion/action on proposed Board of Commissioners/Board of Education Redistricting Map – County Attorney.
(Postponed from 08/04/11 Regular/Public Hearings Meeting).
V. Recess Work Session
VI. Executive Session if Needed