FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, MAY 7, 2009 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Call Meeting to Order
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Agenda
Announcements and Reports:
(1) Georgia County Excellence Award for the Preservation of Sawnee Mountain – Chairman Laughinghouse.
Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Regular Meeting/Public Hearings and Executive Session of April 16, 2009.
(2) Work Session and Executive Session of April 21, 2009.
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of April 16, 2009 and April 21, 2009.
(2) Adoption of Proclamation proclaiming May 9-17, 2009 as National Tourism Week in Forsyth County – Chairman Laughinghouse.
(3) Acceptance of Settlement and Release Agreement between Lisa Kolbusz and Forsyth County – County Attorney.
(4) Acceptance of right-of-way as a county maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Bottlebrush Landing and Preserve Crossing Lane in Preserve @ Fieldstone Phase II, Unit II with a speed limit of 25 m.p.h. located off Drew Campground Road – District #3 – Director of Engineering.
(5) The following items were discussed and unanimously approved at a Work Session held on April 21, 2009:
(A) Authorization to proceed with bidding out expansion of Water Treatment Facility – Procurement Director.
(B) Acceptance of request by Hansard Properties for a refund on 980 gpd ($20,580) of sewer capacity for lots not platted in Quail Hollow – Director of Water & Sewer.
(C) Approval of Work Detail Agreement I & II in the amount of $39,500,00 per detail with the Georgia Department of Corrections for the period July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009 to provide Forsyth County with two (2) inmate work details – Director of Engineering.
(D) Acceptance of SPLOST VI widening designs as follows: (Procurement Director)
(1) Sharon Road from SR 141 to Old Atlanta Road – awarded to Wolverton & Associates in amount not to exceed $359,900.00.
(2) Old Atlanta Road from Sharon Road to McGinnis Ferry Road – awarded to Gresham Smith in amount not to exceed $1,346,381.00.
(3) Union Hill/Mullinax from McFarland Road to SR 9 – awarded to Gresham Smith in amount not to exceed $578,415.00.
(4) Kelly Mill from Bethelview Road to SR 371 – awarded to Arcadis in amount not to exceed $392,224.66.
(E) Acceptance of SPLOST VI intersection designs as follows: (Procurement Director)
(1) Intersection Group #1 awarded to Pond & Company in amount not to exceed $198,905.00:
(a) Old Atlanta Road @ Gilbert Road
(b) Old Atlanta Road @ Brannon Road
(c) Old Atlanta Road @ Ivey Falls Drive
(d) Old Atlanta Road @ Northern Oaks Drive
(2) Intersection Group #2 awarded to Pond & Company in amount not to exceed $168,390.00:
(a) Jot Em Down Road @ Pearidge Road/Mayfield Drive
(b) Hopewell Road @ Jot Em Down Road
(c) SR 306 @ Mayfield Drive
(3) Intersection Group #3 to Pond & Company in amount not to exceed $247,160.00:
(a) SR 371 @ Bentley Road
(b) SR 371 @ Dickerson Road
(c) SR 371 @ Pittman Road
(d) SR 371 @ Drew Road
(e) SR 371 @ Evans Road
(4) Intersection Group #4 to Pond & Company in amount not to exceed $111,135.00:
(a) SR 53 @ Truman Mountain Road
(b) SR 53 @ Chestatee Heights Road
(5) Intersection Group #5 to Pond & Company in amount not to exceed $207,735.00:
(a) SR 9 @ Antioch Road
(b) SR 9 @ Fowler Road
(c) SR 9 @ Hopewell Road
(d) SR 9 @ Bannister Road
(6) Intersection Group #6 to URS in amount not to exceed $30,532.00:
(a) Brookwood Road @ Lakeheath Drive and Evonvale Glen
(F) Approval of Inmate Medical Benefit Plan Document for stop loss coverage with Hunt Insurance – Director of Personnel Services.
VIII. Public Hearings:
(1) Request approval of Alcohol Licenses as follows: (County Manager)
(A) Cheng & Tang, LLC d/b/a Chin Chin Bowl & Sushi, Named Licensee is Regina S. Tang, application to sell Beer and Wine for Consumption on Premises – District #2.
(B) Tanners Vickery, LLC d/b/a Rick Tanners, Named Licensee is Richard E. Tanner, application to sell Distilled Spirits, Beer and Wine for Consumption on Premises - District #3.
(C) Taqueria Las Palmas, Inc. d/b/a Taqueria Las Palmas, Named Licensee is Armando Galvan, application to sell Beer and Wine for Consumption on Premises – District #3.
(D) Joy USA, Inc. d/b/a Hubbards Cupboard, Named Licensee is Shahina Jamani, application to sell Beer and Wine by the Package – District #4.
(2) Proposed Abandoned Graveyard Ordinance – County Attorney.
(3) Proposed amendments to Ordinance #11 (Animal Control Ordinance) – County Attorney.
(4) Proposed amendments to Ordinance #78 (Speed Zone Ordinance) regarding a revised list of Forsyth County roads and speed limits – Director of Engineering.
(5) Consideration of the Issuance of a Conditional Use Permit (CP080016) and a variance to the Forsyth County Unified Development Code, Table 11.2(a) and Table 17.1 for the purpose of a Club or Lodge (nonprofit) on property currently zoned LR - District #4 – Director of Planning & Development.
(Public Hearing held 12/30/08 – decision postponed from 01/22/09; 02/19/09 and 03/05/09 Agendas - postponed to 05/07/09 for a Public Hearing).
(6) Request by Ethan Underwood on behalf of NAHA II, LLC to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA1244 (Dana Investment Corporation) – AZ090003 – District #3 – Director of Planning & Development.
(Postponed from 03/05/09 and 04/02/09 Agendas).
(7) Request by Ethan Underwood on behalf of John Thomas Partners, LLC to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA2984 (Riverbrooke Capital Partners) and a variance to the Unified Development Code (UDC), Table 11.2(b) – AZ090006 - District #2 – Director of Planning & Development.
(Postponed from 04/02/09 Agenda).
(8) Request by Ethan Underwood on behalf of Ryland Group, Inc. to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA2643 (Ryland Homes) - AZ090007 – District #5 – Director of Planning & Development.
IX. Old Business:
(1) Approval of Comprehensive Plan Partial Update and adoption of Resolution for submittal to the Georgia Mountains Regional Development Center – Senior Long Range Planner.
(2) Consideration of funding proposals for two (2) south recreation centers – Chief Financial Officer.
(Postponed from 04/16/09 Agenda).
(1) Acceptance of Bid 09-11-3340 for the off-site sewer on Ronald Reagan Boulevard Extension – Procurement Director.
(Previously discussed at a Work Session held on 04/21/09).
(2) Consideration of option to reduce cost of contract with NALAA for the Forsyth County Animal Shelter – Procurement Director.
(Previously discussed at a Work Session held on 04/21/09).
(3) Appointment/reappointment of member to the Planning Commission for District #1 (the term of Brant Meadows expired 04/01/09) – County Manager.
Recess Regular Meeting
Executive Session if Needed
Signature of Approved Documents