FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, JUNE 5, 2008 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Call Meeting to Order
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Agenda
Announcements and Reports:
(1) Due to the July 4th holiday, the Board of Commissioners Regular/Public Hearings Meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 3rd has been rescheduled. The July 3rd meeting will be combined with the Regular Meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 17, 2008.
Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Called Executive Session of May 9, 2008.
(2) Called Meeting/Work Session and Executive Session of May 13, 2008.
(3) Called Meeting/Work Session of May 15, 2008.
(4) Regular Meeting/Public Hearings and Executive Session of May 15, 2008.
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of May 9, 2008; May 13, 2008 and May 15, 2008.
(2) The following items were previously discussed and unanimously approved at a Called Meeting/Work Session held on May 13, 2008:
(A) Approval of The Legacy Link, Inc. Local Share Commitment Letter for FY 2009 in the amount of $8,450.00 County Manager.
(B) Approval of the submission of the OneGeorgia Broadband Rural Initiative to Develop Georgias Economy (BRIDGE) Grant in the amount of $240,000.00. Forsyth County will partner with Union, Lumpkin, White and Dawson Counties and a 20% match will be required in the amount of $9,600.00 Grants Administrator/IT Director.
(C) Approval of Road Reclamation Project Proposal from Blount Construction for Bettis Tribble Gap Road from SR 306 to Spot Road District #1 Director of Engineering.
(D) Authorization for as needed construction services on the Big Creek Trail Procurement Director.
(E) Authorization for amendment to agreement with Pieper OBrien Herr Architects Procurement Director.
(F) Acceptance of Bid #08-49-1580 for an Audio/Video Equipment Maintenance Agreement for the Communications Department Procurement Director.
(G) Acceptance of Bid for guardrail replacement/repair Procurement Director.
(H) Purchase of Bi-Directional Amplifier for Fire Stations #2 and #9 Procurement Director.
(I) Acceptance of Bid #08-34-3340 for the installation of booster pump station on Highway 141 Procurement Director.
(J) Acceptance of Bid #08-54-5212 for drainage improvements at Sharon Springs Park and Sawnee Mountain Park Procurement Director.
(K) Acceptance of Phase II of the Design/Build 36 Water Main on Spot Road Procurement Director.
(L) Approval of Majors Road Sewer Reservation Addendum #2 County Attorney.
(3) The following items were discussed and unanimously approved at a Called Meeting/Work Session held on May 27, 2008:
(A) Acceptance of Bid #08-50-1540 for UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) Maintenance Procurement Director.
(B) Denial of request for a sewer tap refund County Manager/Director of Water & Sewer.
(C) Adoption of Resolution authorizing the allocation of funds from contingency in the amount of $734,330.00 to cover the final payment for the purchase of Interact Software (purchase was approved 03/14/06) Director of Finance.
VIII. Public Hearings:
(1) Request for the issuance of an alcohol license by Fenchurch Pubs Corporation d/b/a The Firkin & Crown, Named Licensee is Parag Prakash Patel, application to sell Distilled Spirits, Malt Beverages (Beer) and Wine for Consumption on the Premises - District #2 County Manager.
(2) Second reading of proposed amendments to Forsyth County Ordinance #89 (Truck Routes Ordinance) County Attorney.
(First Public Hearing was held May 1, 2008).
(3) First reading of proposed amendments to Ordinance #96 (Pawnbrokers and Pawn Shop Establishments Ordinance) County Attorney.
(4) Proposed changes to the Unified Development Code (Ordinance #87) pertaining to outdoor lighting Senior Long Range Planner.
(5) Proposed changes to the Future Land Use Map Senior Long Range Planner.
(6) Request by Burnt Bridge at Settendown Creek, LLC for a variance to UDC, Table 11.2(b) VA080019 District #4 Director of Planning & Development.
(Postponed from 05/01/08 Agenda).
(7) Request by Franklin Goldmine, LLC to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 2970 (ISI Commercial, LLC) and a variance to the UDC, Table 11.2(b) ZCA# AZ080017 District #1 Director of Planning & Development.
(8) Request by Oxford Properties, LLC to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 2474 (Orby Group, LLC) ZCA# AZ080016 District #2 Director of Planning & Development.
(9) Request by Caliber Craft Homes, LLC to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 3089 (Edge City Properties, Inc.) and a variance to the UDC, Table 11.2(b) ZCA# AZ080018 District #2 Director of Planning & Development.
(10) Request by The Widewaters Group, Inc. to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 2348 (Gary Smith & Earl Smith/Chestatee Boat Docks) ZCA# AZ080015 District #4 Director of Planning & Development.
IX. Old Business:
(1) Rezoning request: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) The Widewaters Group, Inc, ZA# 3465, A1 to CBD - District #4.
(Postponed from 05/15/08 Agenda).
(1) Approval of extension to agreement between Moreland Altobelli Associates, Inc. and Forsyth County Procurement Director.
(Previously discussed and approved at a Called Meeting/Work Session held on May 27, 2008).
(2) Request permission to apply for the 2008 COPS (Community Oriented Policing Services) Secure Our Schools Grant in the amount of $48,000 Grants Administrator.
(3) Approval of Intergovernmental Agreement between the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety and Forsyth County for the Joint Use of Facilities County Attorney.
(Previously discussed and unanimously approved at a Called Meeting/Work Session held on May 27, 2008).
Recess Regular Meeting
Executive Session if Needed
Signature of Approved Documents