FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, JULY 14, 2003 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Jack Conway, Chairman; Marcie Kreager, Vice Chairman; Charles Laughinghouse, Secretary; David (AJ) Pritchett, Member; Eddie Taylor, Member.
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
III. Adoption of Agenda Adopted with changes.
IV. Announcements and Reports:
(1) Presentation of Resolutions in recognition of Bob Alberghini & Joseph Harkins.
(2) Commissioner Kreager announced that she received a contribution in May from some individuals that, at the time, she was unaware had any affiliation with any matter before the Board and out of an abundance of caution & good will, she has returned all campaign contributions that in any way may be linked to any matter that may come before the Board of Commissioners.
(3) Briefing on Regional Transit Action Plan Jim Ritchie, GRTA.
V. Public Comments 2 spoke.
VI. Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Public Hearings and Executive Session of June 16, 2003. Adopted.
(2) Called Meeting/Work Session of June 19, 2003. Adopted.
(3) Called Meeting/Work Session of June 23, 2003. Adopted.
(4) Regular Meeting and Executive Session of June 23, 2003. Adopted.
VII. Consent Agenda:
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of June 16, 2003 and June 23, 2003. Adopted.
(2) Adoption of Resolution of Appreciation in recognition of Bob Alberghini and Joseph Harkins Commissioner Pritchett. Adopted.
(3) Adoption of Resolution to condemn property of S. E. Buice Estate, Land Lot 946, Second District, First Section Senior Staff Attorney. MOVED TO NEW BUSINESS.
(4) Approval for privatization of all roads located within Windermere Subdivision, Pod L1 Director of Engineering. Approved.
(5) Approval for privatization of all roads located within Vickery Development as shown on the site plan for the Vickery Mixed Use commercial area Director of Engineering. MOVED TO NEW BUSINESS.
(6) Approval of renewal of Inmate Work Detail Agreement with the Georgia Department of Corrections for the period of July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004 Director of Engineering. Approved.
(7) Approval of letter of intent for Fledglings, Inc. to be a recipient of grant funds from the Governors Children & Youth Coordinating Council Assistant County Administrator. Approved.
VIII. Old Business:
(1) Rezoning request: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) New Frontier Investors, LLC, ZA# 2764, A1 to CBD with a variance to buffers District #2. Approved with conditions.
(2) Acceptance of GIS Needs Assessment and three (3) year Implementation Plan John Kilgore, GIS. Approved.
(3) Appointment of member to the Georgia Mountains Community Services Board of Directors (Nina Martins term expired on June 30, 2003) County Administrator. Appointed Charlotte Phillips.
(4) Report from the Commissioners Meeting Room Committee Prescott Eaton, Chairman of the Committee. Rejected policy as presented by committee prohibited public use of room.
(5) Reappointment of Terry Smith to the Civil Service Board as the Elected Officials appointee County Administrator. Reappointed Terry Smith.
IX. New Business:
(1) Appointment/reappointment of members to the Tree Preservation Commission (the terms of John Allison and Howard Orr expired June 30, 2003) Director of Planning & Development. Reappointed John Allison and Howard Orr.
(2) Request for a Public Hearing by Pinnacle Engineering, LLC regarding the denial of a variance on AB# 03-023 (District #5) Denied by Appeals Board on June 3, 2003 Director of Planning & Development. Granted Public Hearing for August 18th.
(3) Acceptance/rejection of Bid #03-34-5211 for tennis court repairs and improvements at Sharon Springs Park Procurement Director. Approved.
(4) Acceptance/rejection of Bid #03-23-3340 for the construction of the Cheatham Creek gravity sewer line Procurement Director. Approved.
(5) Acceptance/rejection of Proposal #03-29-3150 for property tax bill preparation Procurement Director. Approved.
(6) Acceptance/rejection of RFP #03-27-3150 for Intersection Design for eight (8) locations Procurement Director. Approved.
(7) Renewal of contract for Natural Gas Service Procurement Director. Approved.
(8) Renewal of contract for maintenance on the South Water Tank and the Old Atlanta Water Tank Procurement Director. Postponed to 7/28/03.
(9) Review and approval of a Sewer Extension Agreement with Pinnacle Partners Director of Water & Sewer. No action (to be placed on future Agenda).
(10) Review of request to extend water on Lee Circle Director of Water & Sewer. Postponed to 7/28/03.
(11) Review request by the Board of Education to allow new school site to be served by a private sewer plant in Cherokee County if Forsyth County sewer is not available at the time of construction Director of Water & Sewer. MOVED TO LAST ITEM UNDER NEW BUSINESS TABLED.
(12) Discussion regarding waivers of penalties for the Tax Commissioners Office Chairman Conway. Withdrawn.
(13) Approval of Sewer Service Agreement with Sharp Residential Development Director of Water & Sewer. Approved with amendment.
(14) MOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA #5: Approval for privatization of all roads located within Vickery Development as shown on the site plan for the Vickery Mixed Use Commercial area Director of Engineering. Approved.
(15) MOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA #3: Adoption of Resolution to condemn property of S.E. Buice Estate, Land Lot 946, Second District, First Section Senior Staff Attorney. Approved.
(16) Adoption of Condemnation Resolution regarding property of Bobby Bagley and others for Cheatham Creek Project Senior Staff Attorney. Approved.
X. Recess Regular Meeting
XI. Executive Session if Needed