GDOT Announces Maintenance Activities
July 27, 2012: The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) announces routine maintenance activities planned for next week in Barrow, Dawson, Forsyth, Gwinnett and Hall counties.
Most activities will only require shoulder or median lane closures. This is a tentative schedule; if emergency response is needed at a crash scene or if emergency repairs are necessary this schedule will change.
WHEN: Daily Monday, July 30 through Friday, August 3 with work hours for mowing from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. if weather permits. Interstate vegetation spraying will require a rolling lane closure.
WHAT and WHERE: Barrow
· Vegetation maintenance on SR 82 and I-85
· Vegetation maintenance on SR 316, SR 20, SR 124 and I-85
· Sweeping on SR 124
· Concrete work on SR 400 at Lumpkin Campground Road, will require lane shifts
· Shoulder repairs on SR 400 and SR 136
· Storm drain repair SR 371 and SR 20
· Mowing on SR 211 and SR 53
· Vegetation maintenance on SR 211, SR 284 and SR 11
Motorists should reduce their speed in these and all work zones.