GDOT Announces Maintenance in Forsyth County the Week of June 11
June 8, 2012: The Georgia Department of Transportation announces routine maintenance activities planned for next week in Forsyth, Dawson and Hall counties. Most activities will only require shoulder or median lane closures. A single lane closure and/or flagman will be utilized for culvert work and bridge deck repair. This is a tentative schedule; if emergency response is needed at a crash scene or if emergency repairs are necessary this schedule will change.
WHEN: Daily, Monday, June 11 through Friday, June 15; work hours for mowing are 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. if weather permits. Bridge deck repair is planned for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily.
WHAT and WHERE:
· Mowing on SR 141 and SR 20
· Culvert repairs on SR 306
· Mowing on SR 9
· Mowing on SR 52 and SR 284
· Culvert repairs on SR 53/Dawsonville Highway
· Trimming overgrown vegetation on SR 136
· Repairs to the driving surface or deck on the US 129/SR 11 bridge over I-985 at exit 22, one lane will be closed as work occurs
Motorists should reduce their speed in these and all work zones.