TOILET REBATE PROGRAM
The Forsyth County Department of Water and Sewer customers may qualify for a rebate by replacing older, inefficient toilets. Eligible customers may apply for a $100 per toilet rebate (limit 2 per household) on 1.28 gpf WaterSense certified toilets.
To be eligible for the toilet rebate program, Forsyth County Department of Water and Sewer customers must apply for the rebate with the Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District and meet certain qualifications. Customers can download and print an application online at www.northgeorgiawater.com/toiletrebate or can call 404.463.8645 to receive an application by mail. If a customer qualifies, the Forsyth County Department of Water and Sewer will credit the customer's account with the rebate.
Qualifications to receive a toilet rebate:
- Have an individual, residential account with the Forsyth County Department of Water and Sewer and be up-to-date on billing payments
- Own or rent a single-family residential home built in 1993 or earlier
- Purchase an approved toilet after September 28, 2007, to replace an older toilet using greater than 1.6 gpf
- Agree to an installation verification visit to ensure your efficient toilets have been installed
- Agree to complete a program participation survey
Customers can receive up to two (2) toilet rebates per household. Only Forsyth County Department of Water and Sewer customers are eligible. Households on wells are not eligible for a rebate. Applicants meeting all requirements can expect notification via letter or email from the Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District within 30 days. After notification, the rebate should appear on their bill within two (2) billing cycles. The rebate can only be used towards the purchase price of the toilet (tank and bowl), and does not pay for Georgia sales tax, additional installation parts, or installation. Rebates are limited and will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
To receive additional information regarding the toilet rebate program qualifications and instructions visit northgeorgiawater.org.
Toilet Rebate Program Frequently Asked Questions